Mourning … my loved ones
While grief is the inward expression of loss, mourning is the outward expression of that loss.
It wasn’t long ago when mourners, having lost their loved ones to death, wore black… sometimes even for a whole year! In the past, mourning has been largely influenced by the rituals of religious beliefs, cultural customs and society’s rules. However, it is important to follow the path that will move you through the mourning process with the most ease, after all, this is for you.
Mourning may include, visiting a loved ones gravesite, making a scrapbook of your loved one, gathering with friends and family to remember and share stories of your loved one, making a memorial, planting a tree on your loved ones behalf, scattering ashes at a designated place and time, writing their story or making a charitable donation in their name. These are just a few examples of mourning. Listen to your heart for what is appropriate for you.
A Mourner may appear reflective, sad, insulated or socially withdrawn. Some mourners may not show any outward signs and may even act like they have it all together. Be available to them, nevertheless.
When referring to a death, the mourning process is all about adjusting to life without a loved one. This can be very challenging since the initial emotions that surface after the loss are more about resistance to what happened, rather than to surrendering to this new reality.
Many things change with the loss of a loved one. For instance, the hopes and dreams you shared together are gone, your plans have changed and your ability to have a normal conversation with them is very much impaired.
Now, life is radically different! Mourning allows room for all the transitions that will need to take place to get back to a healthy and happy life. Despite missing your loved one, you will eventually build the courage and desire to get back to living a life in which they no longer live.
The loss of your loved one can leave a huge empty space that lasts for a very long time. Even though your loved one will never be forgotten, you will need to make new emotional connections and form new relationships. Your life will begin to change. You will need to learn to cope with the painful changes of loss and in many cases; you will need to learn to make decisions alone.
Most importantly, however you choose to do it, mourning is a chance to recover and to heal your heart so you can gain courage and confidence again to get out and begin to live in life once more …RIP, little souls
Tagged as: edit. mourning. RIP. death. grief. depression. loss. sadness. darkness. life. strenght. gothic. dark forest.
- heytheredelaila reblogged this from gothdolly
- hypatiasjourney reblogged this from dollysgothworld
- hypatiasjourney likes this
- alanacshepard likes this
- disordernil1349 likes this
- thekeiko22 reblogged this from gothdolly
- dystopi reblogged this from dollysgothworld
- crazyanimefan likes this
- natlynightowl likes this
- guiltless-interests likes this
- unsacredunearlthycreature reblogged this from dollysgothworld
- isabelabooinsanity likes this
- only-a-drifting-fog likes this
- madamechristy likes this
- dollysgothworld reblogged this from gothdolly
- jmckamey2011 likes this
- megmayhem84 reblogged this from gothdolly
- senuchronicieprzedtwoimzlem reblogged this from gothdolly
- sardar9999 likes this
- castitatisblue reblogged this from gothdolly
- emmitthinton reblogged this from myalluringcomplex
- mindofmodernmen likes this
- myalluringcomplex reblogged this from gothdolly
- prettythinker reblogged this from gothdolly
- daraview likes this
- caliance likes this
- summadawncornondecob likes this
- summadawncornondecob reblogged this from blue-gold-demigod-clouds
- ask-thedemigods-posts likes this
- blue-gold-demigod-clouds reblogged this from gothdolly
- blue-gold-demigod-clouds likes this
- pj-ginger-pants reblogged this from gothdolly
- real-horrorshow13 reblogged this from gothdolly
- rainbowflowerfeelings reblogged this from gothdolly
- jesy-apyzec reblogged this from gothdolly
- 09-04--2013 reblogged this from gothdolly
- fiendishdork reblogged this from gothdolly
- itspoppymoore likes this
- dabprofundis likes this
- i-dare-you-to-tell-me-i-m-wrong reblogged this from gothdolly
- i-dare-you-to-tell-me-i-m-wrong likes this
- misswriting reblogged this from gothdolly
- marquis-de-bussy likes this
- seriesofdisasters likes this
- littlesmartsecret likes this
- aliceisdead23 likes this
- caitie617 reblogged this from gothdolly
- caitie617 likes this